FIRST KNITTING NATION
For the last year I've been knitasizing* about Nightshift, a shawl by Andrea Mowry, so have picked this project for our very first KAL. More than 2400 knitters have posted their Nightshift projects on Ravelry, so we know it has stood the test of time. (We hate to start a project only to find out there have been umpteen corrections to the pattern.)
(for those who don't know, this is knitalese for Knit-A-Long)
We think Nightshift will be a fun KAL because it can be knit with many different yarns and gauges, is neither too difficult nor boring, and is gorgeous! We're featuring Noro Ito yarn because:
1) The project will take only 2 of these jumbo balls so no switching of yarn balls.
2) Like most Noro yarns, Ito has very long color repeats, so the changing colors and interaction between two different colorways will be endlessly fun and fascinating.
Here is all you need to know about the KAL:
1) Register for the KAL by September 21st (FREE)
2) Purchase the yarn/s of your choice (yarn must be purchased at Knitting Nation)
3) Purchase the pattern on Ravelry (we will discount the pattern by 40% if you purchase it through us)
4) Come in any Saturday between 12:00-2:00, starting September 21st, to work on the Nightshift, get help and support, and see what others are doing (FREE)
We will have our final KAL session on Saturday, December 21. All who have finished their Nightshift will receive a 20% off coupon for Knitting Nation.
To help with motivation, we will provide a knitting schedule to help you finish your project by December 21.
*fantasizing about a knit project
We're also working on organizing a CAL (Crochet-A-Long) and would love to get some input from our crochet customers. Let us know any projects you've been wanting to try and let's pick one and do it together! So far Lost in Time by Johanna Lindahl is the top runner.
Please stop by soon to register for the KAL!